Thursday, August 23, 2012

Tried Innovation some time ago. It has received a great hype around here but at least my first game of it was quite bland. Things that were told beforehand to be 'very rare' happened almost all the time and the key to the victory (or at least achieving a good result) was to have your cards splayed ASAP. I hadn't so I was doomed. Luckily I got the Democracy card on my table so with help of it I was able to get the 3 dominance cards (out of 5 needed) - but that was the only highlight of the game. To be worse, at the end I was forced to king-making - it depended from my last actions if player A would win with influence or player B with dominance. No more choices. What a game, eh?

Played also Gears of War boardgame. When first two levels were just like walks in the park, third was a tough nut to crack. Of course when we'll crack it, finally. This time we only survived enough to see what was behind door number two... and then we were bleeding out. Oh, the dice rolls... throwing 4 black + 1 red dice which results in 0 hits and 2 defence... when all that was needed was only one hit. Epic. But fun. A bit longish, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment