Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Last week has been quite quiet in boardgaming terms. One Battleship Express. One Innovation. One Power Grid with Benelux expansion. I had good memories about Power Grid but, while playing it, suddenly remembered why this game is not high in my personal TOP. I like games where there is tension until the last move - but with Power Grid it's usually clear earlier already, about who is going to win. If somebody manages to get the power plants in total of 17 or higher, he's also the winner and last round(s) change little - so basically the game is for me just picking the correct power plants from the auction. I don't blame the game like it's broken or something - it's just not for me.

The good news is, that I received the demo-proto-beta copies of my next game, Roundhouse Kick, with close-to-final artwork, for final playtesting. At least yesterday, with friends, everybody was quite happy. Yes, I know that with friends testing you have to alter the feedback Good=OK, OK=Bad, Excellent-can-we-make-babies-together=Good but the feedback was great even with those standards :) Let's see how it goes now, more tests ahead. If anybody is interested, final artwork/rules/etc will be available in 2d6.ee web when finalized, more unofficial updates and latest information can be found from publisher's Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment