Monday, January 21, 2013

During last couple of months there were constantly 7 readers of this blog, according to Feedreader. And then, after some messing with Blogger's conf module this number jumped to 66. I'm not even sure which number would be more correct :)

Anyhow. About the games then. Last Friday I received my designer copies of my second designed game - small and simple card game Puppy School. Yay. Promotional game, so won't be available from stores near you.

Whn I look at my January playlog, the biggest hit is... dum-dum-dum.... Start Player! We played it 7 times in a row in our New Year party during first 15 minutes of this year. I won only once but the owner got the majority of wins, so I heavily suspect that his card deck was modified. Should be banned!

Second on the list is Astra Titanus - an zip-lock solitaire game from VPG. Until I got it (thanks, Tim!) I had no interest in zip-lock games, solitaire games nor VPG. I'm glad to say that this one game changed everything. It has relatively short playtime, space battles theme, clear rules, decent amount of counters (i.e. chits) - what would you want besides of that? I have played it 4 times, won first three scenarios, lost terribly fourth one ("Terrible Twins"). Those two titans drove all the way until they were in the middle of our fleet and then, at the same time, fired their Omega weapons. Kaboom-kaboom-kaboom - my heavy cruisers were damaged and then kaboom-kaboom-kaboom... what heavy cruisers? An excellent game!

Third place goes to... Uchronia. My wife bought the second-hand copy and we've had lots of fun with it. Shorter and simpler than Innovation, but still quite a good game.

And then in no particular order. Android: Netrunner. A game I have teached to more people than I have managed to play myself. Really promising game. ("Promising game", heh - A:N is currently in BGG TOP10). Braggart - a game I have to thank my Secret Santa for. Really nice filler/icebreaker, you just have to be fluent in English. But that hasn't been a problem so far. Most of the times. König von Siam - after I read the rules, my first thought was: Liberte, Light Edition. But it's not like Liberte, although you have to collect some followers during power struggles between three factions. Pretty interesting mechanics. Oddville - from makers of Vinhos and Vasco da Gama. Simple, fast and enjoyable. That's the way I like it.

Ok, that's all folks. Have to keep something for next time. Perhaps a bit more in-depth overview about something then. Another playtest is waiting tonight, for Roundhouse Kick (working title). At least the name is catchy, eh? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment