Friday, January 25, 2013

And now for something completely different. Well, not completely different... but still. I have played the Arkham-themed Elder Sign only 2 times as boardgame... but more than 30 times on my Android. I had played the "computerized" versions of boardgames earlier as well, but when I tried this first time, it was astonishing. I bought it one evening around 11-ish PM and decided to give it a go once. You know, one of those "I will just check if this will work" moments. Next time I was looking at clock it was 2 AM. This game is addictive. Best 3€ ever spent for a game.

Graphics are excellent, game is running smoothly and, as you are in charge of all 4 investigators, there is no downtime at all. With my favourite "team combo" I have managed now to defeat all three Ancients included in base game (yes, you can buy expansions as well, for couple of dollars each) but I wouldn't say that the base game is now becoming "exhausted" or "boring". Not at all - plenty of other investigators yet to try, so Elder Sign: Omens is still a perfect solution for situations when you have 15-30 minutes free time with nothing to do.

And despite of having played it a lot on Android, I'm still ready to play also the FTF game with good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment