Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I don't consider myself being in Cryptozoic's target group, so I was a bit sceptical when we started playing The Walking Dead Card Game. I was correct this time - it's not much fun to play - but luckily the "alternative" rules included were much-much better than "standard". With those there were actually some meaningful choices available.

I have also avoided (i.e. not looking for playing) Escape: The Curse of the Temple, as I don't find time-triggered actions interesting enough... but man, I was wrong. Escape is really fun to play, especially with good crowd and the time-counting really creates pleasant tension.

Going, Going, GONE! has received lots of hype (and being Nicholson's Twitter follower may have increased it as well) so I was really eager to try this out. And again, it was fun to play. I was hoping it to be more strategical but it appeared to be more party-game - so for me Tulipmania is still best from Scott. Also, always when I play something new, I try to evaluate the underlying mechanics, and it was really refreshing to see that with some simple additions ordinary set collection can be quite fun to play.

As I promised to myself, while writing previous blog post, I managed to play again one Cuba Libre. In Estonian review is available here, I won't translate all the text but just say that it was truly quality time. Another win to Syndicate, as well.

Age of Gods is, in my opinion, best with 5-6 players. This time we played it with 3 players and it was still enjoyable but not the mayhem it would've been with 6.

Kings of Air and Steam is like Roborally with pick-up-and-deliver mechanics integrated into it. In a good way. During first half of the game I had absolutely no clue about what I should be doing (except, well, delivering goods) but during second half it was already really splendid. We played it with maximum number of players (7 I think it was) but I'm not sure if this is the best number to play with... from that one play I'd say that 3-4 would be best. Or 4-5 perhaps.

And finally, some Lost Legends - or "drafting game done right" as I call it. We played it twice and both times second dungeon was the toughest. In first play we also forgot the rule that you deal the monsters before drafting, so everybody had a little surprise when entering the dungeon... but during second play we included this rule as well and a good game got even better. Woohoo.

Next stop - UK Games EXPO.

1 comment:

  1. Olen Mavis Calos, esindaja Aiicco kindlustus plc, anname välja laenu individuaalsed erinevused usalduse ja au. anname laenu intressimääraga 2%. kui olete huvitatud võtke meiega ühendust selle ettevõtte e-post: (maviscalos_laen_laenamine@outlook.com) nüüd jätkata oma laenu üleminekudokumendi ok. kui teil on vaja laenu, et luua ettevõtte või kooli te olete väga teretulnud Aiicco kindlustus plc. Võite meiega ühendust võtta ka selle e-post: (amaah.credit.offer@gmail.com). saame üle kanda summa, mida taotletakse enne nädalas.

    ReplyDelete