Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island - it just keeps going better and better. Short overview about previous games can be found here (in Estonian).

And Loopin' Louie rocks! Excellent both with my kid and wargamer friend of mine. So simple... yet brilliant.

Infiltration is something that may be good but my two plays gave me just a meh-feeling. Seems there is lot of potential hidden, but during those games the play was too dictated by the cards you receive at the beginning. I understand that this may be the idea, to keep some variety in the game, but... meh.

Infinite City. Well... I've tried it with 2. I've tried it with 3. I've tried it with 4. I'm not going to try it with 5 or 6 players. I just refuse to believe that there is something in this game. It cant be. Too much randomness.

King of Tokyo. Lots of randomness - but in this case 'me likey, me very likey'. When we gave it a first try in Essen, it was quite meh... but with every play I like it more and more. If you accept it as filler, it's perfect - you roll some dice, take/make some damage and move on. Always ready to play it.

Schafe Scheuchen (or "The Shepherd") is another game for childrens I bought from Spiel - just wanted to have something different from ordinary roll-and-moves - and it's good. There's plenty of rolling dice, variable game length, some opponent blocking - just enough for getting children to use their brain.

Love Letter is nice one, too! In BGG it is described as "filler filler" - and it truly is. You draw one card, you play one card, you keep one card. Next player. But the card interaction is quite good, so there is pretty high chance that you'll be challenged - and one of you will be out of the round then :)

And finally Uchronia. With Innovation I had very steep learning curve - I got to understand what's going on only during third (or fourth?) game - and as Uchronia is designed also by Chudyk I was prepared for worst. Luckily this one is a lot simpler but gives a lot to think about and opportunites as well. I liked it. Good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment