Wednesday, September 12, 2012

So... what have I played recently... oh, yes: something I played first time couple of years ago, with maximum number of players and it was first time to play it for everybody and it was during late evening and it lasted for 5 hours and everybody was really bored and sweared that it was an awfully boring and AP-prone game... and about year later when I had a chance, I bought it second-hand without hesitation. Wealth of Nations. Now I had tried to get it on a table for almost a month but there are actually quite a few economy game enthusiasts available... so when we were invited to play some boardgames and host asked me to "surprise them" I knew this was the moment. And it was good! The rules are actually quite simple and straightforward, so with 4 players we had very smooth start and quite fast play. As none had any experience with that game (I had forgot my first and only play experience as well) it was lots of fun to discover how at some moment you had everything for offer and then at next moment you had everything missing :) And of course my famous pass during first trading round - "I pass!" - "Are you really sure?" - "Umm... no-no-no-no-no-no-no!". I still managed to win by quite a narrow margin 65 vs 60 (if I remember correctly) - key to success was triggering the game end condition. So it was lots of fun at 2 hours and 20 minutes and at least 3 out of 4 players are eagerly waiting for next chance to play it!

In other news: Making Profit has finally arrived and hit the stores, as you can see from here for example. Ordering from Estonia to abroad is unfortunately a bit expensive, so ask your FLGS (or contact me for bulk orders). Review copies and preorders are going to be sent out really soon, so lets hope that the game will create enough interest among the distributors in other countries.

1 comment:

  1. Olen Mavis Calos, esindaja Aiicco kindlustus plc, anname välja laenu individuaalsed erinevused usalduse ja au. anname laenu intressimääraga 2%. kui olete huvitatud võtke meiega ühendust selle ettevõtte e-post: (maviscalos_laen_laenamine@outlook.com) nüüd jätkata oma laenu üleminekudokumendi ok. kui teil on vaja laenu, et luua ettevõtte või kooli te olete väga teretulnud Aiicco kindlustus plc. Võite meiega ühendust võtta ka selle e-post: (amaah.credit.offer@gmail.com). saame üle kanda summa, mida taotletakse enne nädalas.

    ReplyDelete